Arrive at the Ohio Union and proceed to the 2nd
floor to register.
Exhibit drop off is at the 12th Ave. entrance. Look for 2 History Day volunteers to tell you your table number.
- Registration- there will be a line for each
category (Paper, Website, Exhibit, Documentary, Performance). Tell them your
last name and they will check you in.
NOTE- exhibit students- please drop your exhibit off at your table in the ballroom before coming to registration.- Groups- only one person needs to register. In order to avoid congestion at the registration table, please send one representative and other group members should wait away from the registration area
- Time to be judged! Your project will be viewed
and you will be interviewed by the judges at your assigned time.
Exhibits- the hall is closed to the public during judging. You will be allowed in 15 minutes before your scheduled time. After your judging time, you must leave the exhibit hall Documentary and Performances- these rooms will be open to the public. Feel free to go in and watch other projects.
Websites and Papers- these categories are closed to the public for the whole day. It will just be you and the judges (possibly another judge team in the room) and that is all.
- Now what? Once you are finished judging you are
free to do what you want. Tour OSU, grab food, etc. The exhibit hall will be
open to the public from 12:15- 1:15 (times subject to change)
- But wait! If you are in any documentary category or the junior group performance category, there will be a second round. This will be announced at 12:40 outside the Archie Griffin Ballroom. You must be present for the 2nd round to be eligible for nationals.
Time for the 2nd round. Documentary
and junior group performances will have second rounds that students need to be
present for. These are also open to the public.
Papers, Websites, and Exhibits all have second rounds as well but are not announced and the students do not have to be there. Exhibits must be left up until 3pm!
- It’s awards time! Proceed to the Archie Griffin Ballroom, east end at 3:30 to grab seat for the awards ceremony which will begin at 4pm.
Thanks for participating in the 2013 Ohio History Day contest!